Skip to main content

Advertisement

Is Bordier the Best Butter Ever?

No images? View Online.
Saveur
le beurre bordier butter
06/30/2018

The Case for More Butter

When I was growing up, butter was the thing in my house. You know how some people put salt on everything? Well, that was my family, but with butter. Nothing ever passed over our table without a healthy chunk of yellow fat on top. It's in my blood, both metaphorically and literally, with all that cholesterol. Somewhat embarrassingly, when I was in high school, my mother attempted to get us to stop eating quite so much and replaced it with something that was similar, but not really the same. What happened was she started putting actual butter on our table - what I had been eating in such vast quantities was actually I Can't Believe it's Not Butter. So, let me tell you from experience, that slogan is real.

Anyway, as I approach my thirties (gulp) and become more diet-conscious, I both relish and dread the appearance of so much butter in everything I eat. When I go visit my mom's side of the family in West Virginia, everything has butter in it. Really, I can't think of anything that wouldn't get a dollop of butter except potentially ice cream and MAYBE eggs, depending on who in my family makes them.

But I also now know what good butter tastes like, and I know that I would do anything to get my hands on it. I recently acquired a package of Bordier butter, and heartily agree with Kristy Mucci: "Generously (and I mean very generously) slather it on bread, scoop it with radishes or any other crudite, melt it and drizzle it over pretty much any seafood, make the best caramel of your life with it." So whether you put butter on everything or just swipe it on the occasional radish, go on the hunt for the butter you love this weekend. It's worth it.

Subscribe to Saveur

Comments

Facebook

Ads

Popular posts from this blog

16 Boko Haram Fighters And Their Wives Surrender To Nigerian Soldiers

Some Boko Haram terrorists and their wives have surrendered to Nigerian soldiers in Borno. No fewer that 16 Boko Haram and Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) fighters and their wives have surrendered as troops intensify operations against insurgents. Several others were reportedly killed during the raid of the bandits’ hideout. According to a statement by Nigerian Army Operations Media Coordinator, Colonel Aminu Iliyasu, the insurgents surrendered when they could no longer bear the heat of the artillery bombardment of their hideout. According to him:- “The incremental raids, clearance patrols, sting operations, cordon & search operations as well as mortar and artillery bombardment of identified criminal insurgents and bandits’ hideouts within the past one week has yielded tremendous positive outcomes as some of the terrorists surrendered to our gallant troops while several others were neutralised. “The period equally witnessed the interception and arrest of sever