Skip to main content

Advertisement

Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage – Reader Cries Out

Posted as sent.

I am 24, will be 25 soon. I am this indoor person and so I hardly meet people. My first relationship ended like two years back and I haven’t been in a reasonable one since then.

I meet people online cos I don’t get to meet them offline, most of the guys I meet are based in different state from mine and they don’t mind me visiting, but once I tell them I live with my parents and would need their permission to come visit, they just stop getting in touch.

I have lost over 5 potential partners because of this, they all feel we should be comfortable with ourselves first before putting parents matter into it.

Some don’t see it as a big deal living with my parents, they just find it funny that they wouldn’t allow me go visit my boyfriend (note that they wouldn’t know him bfr I go visit)

I can’t even think logically anymore that’s why I am here to ask Wether the problem is with me or them.

The only one I met that has travelled to come visit me is verbally abusive. He met my mum and wants things done the proper way.

I am really exhausted. I guess gone are those days where you have to meet your potential wife in her father’s house.

I told my mum I want to start attending youth church and she object to it saying I can only change church after I get married.

My sisters are lucky tho, they got a job outside our state and moved out of the house

What Should I Do?

I will be in the comment section.

If you want your relationship stories posted on Naijaloaded or you need advice!! Send a mail to: Linkup@naijaloaded.com 

The post Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage – Reader Cries Out appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria's Most Visited Music & Entertainment Website.

Comments

Facebook

Ads

Popular posts from this blog

16 Boko Haram Fighters And Their Wives Surrender To Nigerian Soldiers

Some Boko Haram terrorists and their wives have surrendered to Nigerian soldiers in Borno. No fewer that 16 Boko Haram and Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) fighters and their wives have surrendered as troops intensify operations against insurgents. Several others were reportedly killed during the raid of the bandits’ hideout. According to a statement by Nigerian Army Operations Media Coordinator, Colonel Aminu Iliyasu, the insurgents surrendered when they could no longer bear the heat of the artillery bombardment of their hideout. According to him:- “The incremental raids, clearance patrols, sting operations, cordon & search operations as well as mortar and artillery bombardment of identified criminal insurgents and bandits’ hideouts within the past one week has yielded tremendous positive outcomes as some of the terrorists surrendered to our gallant troops while several others were neutralised. “The period equally witnessed the interception and arrest of sever