Skip to main content

Advertisement

PDP national chairman Secondus threatens to legal action against Lai Mohammed for including his name in looters' list

- PDP national chairman, Uche Secondus, has threatened to sue minister of information, Lai Mohammed

- Secondus demanded N1.5 billion and a public apology from the minister for including his name on the FG's looters list

- According to Secondus' lawyer, the minister has 48 hours to retract the statement or face legal action

The national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Uche Secondus, has given the minister of information and culture, Lai Mohammed, 48 hours to retract his statement on treasury looters which included his name.

Secondus warned that its either the minister withdraws his statement within the given time or face legal action.

A statement signed by the spokesperson for the PDP chairman, Ike Abonyi, said through a letter by his lawyer Emeka Etiaba has called for a retraction of the minister's statement.

Abonyi said the PDP national chairman also demand a public apology and a payment of N1.5 billion as damages from Mohammed.

The letter with reference number: EESE&C/1/31/03/18 and dated March 31st 2018 was addressed to the Mohammed.

In the letter, Secondus' lawyer said said that the publication by the federal government through the minister has damaged the image of his client.

He also said that the chairman of the PDP has been "humiliated, castigated and vilified by many as a result of the falsehood published by the Minister"

Part of the letter reads: "We shall within 48 hours from today, proceed to a court of competent jurisdiction to ventilate our clients right under the law and shall further seek the protection of the court against you"

Secondus, had earlier threatened to drag the minister to court for including his name in the alleged list of looters released by the minister on Friday, March 30.

The minister had alleged that Secondus collected N200 million from the immediate past National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd), who is still being detained by the government.

READ ALSO: How I helped PDP rig elections, bribed INEC officials, security agents - Senator Mantu confesses

NAIJ.com gathered that in a statement issued by his media adviser, Ike Abonyi, the PDP chairman said Mohammed should be ready to establish his allegations in court.

The statement read: “The attention of the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Uche Secondus, has been drawn to a press conference addressed by the minister of information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, on Friday claiming that the national chairman collected N200m from the purse of the National Security Adviser (NSA).

“Prince Secondus is challenging Mohammed to be ready to establish his allegations in court immediately.”

The PDP chairman said the agenda of the minister is to damage his reputation and distract him from serving his party but that he has failed woefully

“For the purposes of some gullible public Prince Secondus never collected any money from the NSA under any guise,” the statement added.

PAY ATTENTION:Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had previously reported that the federal government on Friday, March 30, and through Lai Mohammed, released a list of some of those who have been accused of looting the nation’s treasury under the administration of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Aliko Dangote invites IT billionaire Bill Gates to Nigeria | - on Naij.com TV

Source: Naija.ng

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Comments

Facebook

Ads

Popular posts from this blog

President Ram Nath Kovind lauds Narednra Modi government’s campaigns to promote health and education for...

President Ram Nath Kovind lauds Narednra Modi government’s campaigns to promote health and education for... President Ram Nath Kovind said some people in our country were unable to understand the importance of daughters. President Ramnath Kovind Saturday lauded the Prime Minister Narendra Modi -led central government’s awareness campaign to promote health and education for women and girl’s. While inaugurating an international workshop of the Federation of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Society of India (FOGSI), organised at the Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Medical (GSVM) college, President Kovind said even though daughters faced more restrictions than sons, they were surging ahead in many areas. Kovind said some people in our country were unable to understand the importance of daughters. Speaking about the Centre’s initiatives for women, he said, “I am happy that the central government’s schemes like ‘beti bachao, beti padhao’, ‘sukanya samriddhi’ and ‘kishori yojna’ etc., are chang...

ISRO shortlists 15 firms for transfer of EV battery tech

ISRO shortlists 15 firms for transfer of EV battery tech This move could make EVs cheaper, since imported Li ion batteries constitute the big expense factor of EVs. Isro has shortlisted 15 firms to transfer the manufacturing technology of lithium-ion (Li ion) batteries for electric vehicles (EV). This move could make EVs cheaper, since imported Li ion batteries constitute the big expense factor of EVs. “We have communicated to the shortlisted firms that they will have to give a one-time fee of `1 crore. We have avoided firms with exposure to foreign equity in identifying the qualifying industrial houses or start-ups,” S Somanath, director, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), the rocket sciences node of ISRO, told FE. “The final move will depend on their response,” he said, declining to name the firms. As many as 141 companies had applied for request for qualifications (RFQs) in connection with the technology transfer. It was a small battery of 12 scientists in VSSC in Thiruvananth...

Sóller hike followed by a healthy vegan lunch

We got a group of friends together (of various ages and fitness levels) to hike around the hills surrounding the Mallorcan town of Sóller, in the northwest of the island. There are many quite easy trails but usually, it involves a bit of hiking up and downhill. We began our walk at the first roundabout after the tunnel and climbed for about 25 minutes uphill after that it was reasonably flat for the next hour or so. The final part was decent into the town of Sóller where we had booked a private vegan brunch for our group. Barbara and Martjin opened Ecocirer in March 2018 as a vegan hotel with 6 bedrooms in the town of Sóller. It is the ideal accommodation for a family celebration if you would like to enjoy healthy vegan food with plenty of activities to get you out into the beautiful nature surrounding the picturesque town. The expe...