Skip to main content

Advertisement

Meghan Markle Turned Down the Cover of 'British Vogue' to Be The Guest Editor Instead

Meghan Markle Turned Down the Cover of 'British Vogue' to Be The Guest Editor Instead

Meghan Markle, aka HRH The Duchess of Sussex, is the guest editor of British Vogue‘s September 2019 issue and her guest editor letter has been released.

In the letter, the 37-year-old royal reveals that she was initially asked to be on the cover of the issue, but she decided to ask to be the guest editor instead.

Meghan wrote about her first meeting with the mag’s editor-in-chief Edward Enninful and how she mustered up the courage to ask for the role.

“Within hours of our meeting’s end, we were already texting one another – philosophizing about how to communicate this shared understanding and the lens through which we see the world, how to pivot from a perspective of frustration to one of optimism. So I asked the question,” Meghan wrote. “Actually, I typed and deleted the question several times until I built up the courage to ask the question in question. ‘Edward… instead of doing the cover, would you be open to me guest editing your September issue?’”

Of course, he said yes!

“I was about five months pregnant when this process began, and by the time you hold this issue in your hands, my husband and I will be holding our three-month-old baby boy in ours,” Meghan wrote in the letter. “It’s a very special time for me personally, on so many levels; working with Edward and his team, both during my pregnancy and my maternity leave, has played no small part in that joy – it has been a privilege to be welcomed and supported by this amazing team. To Edward, thank you for entrusting me with this. I am deeply honored. To the women who have taken my aspirations for this issue and brought them to life by being a part of this time capsule, both on the cover and in-book, I am so grateful; you are inspirations to me and I’m humbled by your support.”

Read more now on Vogue.co.uk!

Comments

Facebook

Ads

Popular posts from this blog

16 Boko Haram Fighters And Their Wives Surrender To Nigerian Soldiers

Some Boko Haram terrorists and their wives have surrendered to Nigerian soldiers in Borno. No fewer that 16 Boko Haram and Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) fighters and their wives have surrendered as troops intensify operations against insurgents. Several others were reportedly killed during the raid of the bandits’ hideout. According to a statement by Nigerian Army Operations Media Coordinator, Colonel Aminu Iliyasu, the insurgents surrendered when they could no longer bear the heat of the artillery bombardment of their hideout. According to him:- “The incremental raids, clearance patrols, sting operations, cordon & search operations as well as mortar and artillery bombardment of identified criminal insurgents and bandits’ hideouts within the past one week has yielded tremendous positive outcomes as some of the terrorists surrendered to our gallant troops while several others were neutralised. “The period equally witnessed the interception and arrest of sever