Skip to main content

Advertisement

Charli XCX Addresses Meet & Greet Controversy: 'I Do Not Think My Fans Have Been Abusive Towards Me'

Charli XCX Addresses Meet & Greet Controversy: 'I Do Not Think My Fans Have Been Abusive Towards Me'

Charli XCX is speaking out in her and her fans’ defense.

The 27-year-old Charli musician posted a note to social media on Wednesday (October 30) following a series of concerned tweets and articles regarding her meet-and-greets, during which some fans have recently brought questionable items for her to sign and hold for pictures, including personal hygiene products and even the ashes of one fan’s late mother.

Charli spoke out about the concern that she is being violated by fans with these kinds of requests.

“I do not think my fans have been abusive towards me at meet and greets: please stop saying that they have been. I do these meet and greets because I genuinely want to hear from you all and I don’t want to charge you for my time because I personally don’t really like that…if you’re a journalist – maybe ask me for my opinion before you try and paint me out as some kind of helpless damsel.”

Read her full message inside…

Comments

Facebook

Ads

Popular posts from this blog

16 Boko Haram Fighters And Their Wives Surrender To Nigerian Soldiers

Some Boko Haram terrorists and their wives have surrendered to Nigerian soldiers in Borno. No fewer that 16 Boko Haram and Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) fighters and their wives have surrendered as troops intensify operations against insurgents. Several others were reportedly killed during the raid of the bandits’ hideout. According to a statement by Nigerian Army Operations Media Coordinator, Colonel Aminu Iliyasu, the insurgents surrendered when they could no longer bear the heat of the artillery bombardment of their hideout. According to him:- “The incremental raids, clearance patrols, sting operations, cordon & search operations as well as mortar and artillery bombardment of identified criminal insurgents and bandits’ hideouts within the past one week has yielded tremendous positive outcomes as some of the terrorists surrendered to our gallant troops while several others were neutralised. “The period equally witnessed the interception and arrest of sever