Skip to main content

Advertisement

“What Ibidun Ighodalo could not tell Ituah she will tell me first…” Ighodalo’s elder brother spills

Asue Ighodalo, a brother to Ituah Ighodalo, a senior pastor of  Trinity House Church in Lagos, has revealed how close he was to Ibidun, the latter’s late wife.

Ibidun’ s death shocked Asue Ighodalo to the bone marrow and for someone who also shares the same birthday date with him, it was a bad one as he will virtually remember Ibidun anytime he celebrates his birthdays.

He supported his only brother, Ituah throughout the trying period, and also made the vote of thanks during Ibidun’s burial where he revealed their closeness as his only brother, how they were brought up and how they will forever cherish Ibidun.

Asue Ighodalo and his wife, Ifeyinwa

In his words at the funeral, he said:

“Brusta, I call Ituah, Brusta up till now, his church people have tried to dissuade me but it is difficult, it is something we shared for 40 to 50 years so I am so used to it.

I share a deep relationship with Ituah and his wife. Ituah called me about 6.30 am that fateful morning to tell me about his wife’s death. I did not get myself because I call Ibidun my twin but to cut the story short, when I caught up with Ituah that day, I could not believe his strength, I was just watching him.

I begin to wonder what kind of man is my brother. Ibidun is my twin. We were born on the same day but different generations. She is my friend, my daughter, my wife. What she could not tell Ituah she will tell me first then we work it out with Ituah. From that Sunday morning, I drew strength from Ituah,  Ituah was the one that gave Ibidun’s mum strength.

Then same morning, Ituah said he had to conduct a funeral, he was the one that consoled all the brothers and sisters of the young man that died, when people could not even believe whether it was same morning the incident happened or not, I was just watching him and I drew strength from this.

Brusta, you are the real guy, God almighty will always be with you. Thank you for being Ibidun’s husband. We were brought up to let our spouses fly so thank you for letting Ibidun fly”.

The post “What Ibidun Ighodalo could not tell Ituah she will tell me first…” Ighodalo’s elder brother spills appeared first on Kemi Filani.

Comments

Facebook

Ads

Popular posts from this blog

16 Boko Haram Fighters And Their Wives Surrender To Nigerian Soldiers

Some Boko Haram terrorists and their wives have surrendered to Nigerian soldiers in Borno. No fewer that 16 Boko Haram and Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) fighters and their wives have surrendered as troops intensify operations against insurgents. Several others were reportedly killed during the raid of the bandits’ hideout. According to a statement by Nigerian Army Operations Media Coordinator, Colonel Aminu Iliyasu, the insurgents surrendered when they could no longer bear the heat of the artillery bombardment of their hideout. According to him:- “The incremental raids, clearance patrols, sting operations, cordon & search operations as well as mortar and artillery bombardment of identified criminal insurgents and bandits’ hideouts within the past one week has yielded tremendous positive outcomes as some of the terrorists surrendered to our gallant troops while several others were neutralised. “The period equally witnessed the interception and arrest of sever