Skip to main content

Advertisement

'Drag Race' Star Gigi Goode Comes Out as Trans & Opens Up About Her Transition

'Drag Race' Star Gigi Goode Comes Out as Trans & Opens Up About Her Transition

Gigi Goode is getting candid about her journey.

The RuPaul’s Drag Race star opened up about her transition in a video on Sunday (August 29).

Click inside to read more…

“Let’s just jump right into it…around eight months ago, in January, right at the beginning of the year, I decided to begin the process of hormone replacement therapy, which for those of you who don’t know, is the process of taking estrogen and testosterone blockers as a means of bringing in the woman and pushing out the man,” Gigi said in a video, revealing that she underwent surgery.

“This whole pandemic, leading up to that January point, was so crucial for me to have that time to myself. It give me a lot of time to think and reflect. On Drag Race, which was almost two years ago, I came out as gender-fluid, which I still very much identify with. I would say that I’m leaning more towards the nonbinary side of that. It was a realization I didn’t have much time to process as the episodes were airing. If the world hadn’t shut down, I really wouldn’t have been able to process it further,” Gigi went on to say.

“One of those realizations came from watching the show Veneno,” she revealed, going on to say that the show opened up their mind about “who I’m supposed to be. And to me, that’s a trans non-binary person,” Gigi explained.

Gigi went on to reveal that she got FFS – or facial feminization surgery.

“It depends on the person and what they feel they need to feminize their face. Without getting into too much detail, which I may or may not do – I don’t feel like it’s anyone’s business but my own, I just feminized the parts of my face that I felt needed feminization,” Gigi said, adding that “I’m just going to look a little bit more feminine or born a female.”

“I do identify as a trans non-binary person, but I prefer she/her pronouns,” she said, adding that she is going through the process to legally change her name to Gigi.

She said that she is looking forward to letting her fans in on the journey moving forward.

Another Drag Race alum also just came out as trans – find out who!

Comments

Facebook

Ads

Popular posts from this blog

ScienceDaily: Latest Science News

ScienceDaily: Latest Science News Uncoordinated trade policies aid alien bee invasions One year posttransplant, recipients of hepatitis C kidneys disease-free Moderate blood sugar control targets recommended for most patients with type 2 diabetes 'Epigenetic landscape' is protective in normal aging, impaired in Alzheimer's disease Health data used to predict who will use opioids after hospitalization Restoring lipid synthesis could reduce lung fibrosis New dual-atom catalyst shows promise to yield clean energy by artificial photosynthesis Wildfires: Smoke and cloud interactions unexpectedly result in cooling Tropical forest response to drought depends on age How does resolving cannabis problems differ from problems with alcohol or other drugs? Roton quasiparticles observed in quantum gas Low blood sugar poses unaddressed threat to people with type 2 diabetes Genetic 'se...

Seyi Makinde threatens to expose Ajimobi, claims his Government inherited N150bn debt

Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo state has claimed that his administration inherited a minimum debt of N150 billion, adding that his administration is still checking the books to determine the actual total debt. Governor Makinde made the claim in a media chat on the state television on the occasion of his one month in office, The Nation reports. It was gathered that the governor threatened to expose his predecessor, Abiola Ajimobi , if he does not keep quiet about his (Makinde’s) administration. He said: “ We have confirmed N150b debt so far. We are still working to discover any other one. Some of them may be questionable. If you take bond, it is always tied to a particular project. If we want, we can do value-for-money audit.” According to Makinde, Oyo state receives N4.5b federal allocation while salaries and pensions stand at N5.5b, leaving the state with a shortage of N1b. The governor, however, said that all those facts were not big problems, adding that he would only be needing...

Trade booster: Working with Finance Ministry to ease export credit, says Suresh Prabhu

Trade booster: Working with Finance Ministry to ease export credit, says Suresh Prabhu Export credit provided by banks fell sharply by about 51.3% to Rs 22,300 crore as of September 28 from a year earlier. The commerce ministry is closely working with the finance ministry to ease credit flow to the export sector, commerce and industry minister Suresh Prabhu said on Tuesday. “One of the main challenges for export is finance. There is a decline in (export) finance, so we have taken up the issue with the finance ministry…I think, the finance minister is also looking into this (as in) how we can improve the credit flow into the export sector,” Prabhu told reporters. Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) President Ganesh Gupta has been seeking adequate credit to exporters on grounds that lack of adequate loans would crimp the growth of exports. India’s exports have been hovering around $300 billion a year since 2011-12, without substantial growth. Read also |  World’s highest...